Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ion Crushers

Basketball season is officially over and like another mother of the team I say, "This is the first time I am actually sad a sport is over." Aaron decided to coach Lucas' team this year and did a fabulous job. Almost all the boys were friends, neighbors and kids from the ward so we had a great group. But also most of the kids had never played on a basketball team before so the season started out a little rough with the Crushers getting thoroughly crushed. But by the end of the season it was like they were a different team and were beating the teams they lost to at the start and came together as really a great group. I'm sure largely due to the great (and cute) coach. :)


Jeff, the father of Luke's best friend and a good friend of ours, was a fabulous assistant coach.



I was amazed at how well Lucas did and how last week he even swished two free throws!

I have realized something about myself. I am actually quite a "yeller" when it comes to my son's games. And I have never been a "yeller." E-ver. I hardly laugh out loud at the movies, let alone shout at any sports events. But I guess when it comes to Lucas, I just let it fly. Feels good.





Jonah had a frustrating time not being able to play too so we spent most of the games out in the hallway watching from the window. If he can just be patient for a few more years...


THE ION CRUSHERS!



Our cute...I mean, intimidating and menacing Crusher.

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I'd love to hear you yell. ;-) I guess I'll have to go to one of Lucas' games to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He IS pretty cute/menacing. Poor Jonah, not getting to play. His time will come!

    ReplyDelete