Friday, March 12, 2010

Lake City Gyros


This place makes the BEST gyros I have ever had. And I love me some Greek food. I've never done this before but I just had to give a shout out to "Lake City Gyros" here in Seattle, my new favorite Mediterranean take out place. And Aaron can attest, since I've made him take me 3 times this last month. Not that he was complaining. We tried it because the owner is the father of Lucas' friend, Allay, who played on his basketball team this season. Ibrahim is from Lebanon and opened the restaurant with his brother a few years ago. They have quite a menu of Mediterranean dishes (falafel, Chicken Shawarma, Lamb Shish Kabob sandwich, etc) but we've mainly had the gyros.

Let me reiterate...this is a take out place. Do not be put off by it's homey...okay, hole-in-the-wall ambiance. Only four or five small tables grace this tiny establishment so I like to just pick it up and enjoy our beef and lamb gyros, Greek fries, hand rolled dolmas and homemade baklava (both made by Ibrahim's wife) at home. Or in the car if I can't wait. Very reasonable and delish.

LAKE CITY GYROS
12336 Lake City Way NE
(between 123rd St & 125th St)
Seattle, WA 98125
(206) 361-4533

1 comment: