Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Luke's Birthday

Okay I am only a month late in posting about this, but better late than never I suppose.

Birthdays around here are very important. At least Lucas' birthday is. He starts planning the whole affair about 8 months before the blessed event. And this year it has always been about Legos. He is one kid with very big ideas and gradniose plans but luckily one who also listens to reason about how we cannot afford to buy every kid attending his own Star Wars lego ship or have a Lego robotics competition. He scaled down his plans JUST a bit.
If we had the party at our house I told him he could invite 2 kids. :) So we decided on the church gym and we got 2 hours of twelve crazy 10 year old boys with enough room to run around and be twelve crazy 10 year old boys. I had this GREAT idea of getting some black lights and playing games in the dark light, like dodge ball with Aaron white, rolled up socks and stomping on white balloons tied to everyone's ankle. But my black lights weren't strong enough (Dang, that Target!) So we played football, regular dodge ball and freeze tag. And the hit of the day were these foot long glow-stick swords I found at the dollar sword. Each kid got one, we turned off all the lights and they played light sabors for 45 minutes. Gotta love it when a plan comes together. Ot at least part of you plan.

Has anyone used fondant before? I promised Luke a Lego cake and found pictures of some on the internet and the cutest ones used fondant. So, I said what the heck. I'll try something I've never done before. Turned out just okay (it looked better at home with softer lighting. Okay, a lot darker lighting) but did look like a lego, tasted good and Lucas liked it, so I call it a success.











I didn't get any pictures of the games (no idea why), but fun was had by all!



1 comment:

  1. I'm getting a migraine just looking at all those boys. You are Mom of the Year! The cake turned out great!

    ReplyDelete