Friday, May 30, 2014

Flying Fail. FHE Win.

Last week I finally gave in to Jonah who has been asking for a kite every time we go to Costco. 

"Mom, I have always wanted a kite my whole entire life!"

"It would be such a fun activity to do as a family activity!"

"I'll pay for part of the kite with the money in my piggy bank!"

Yes, I gave in.  I have great memories of kite flying when I was little.  We'd go to a park by our house right behind Dominic's and it being the Windy City, I don't remember ever having real problems.

Well, that night in Tualatin was not a Windy City night.  There was absolutely no wind.

Aaron made a good attempt.



He's good daddy.

Can you hear the puberty in Lucas' voice??

Jonah was SURE he could get the kite flying.



It was such a nice night out, none of us really minded the kite not flying. We decided we need to take the T-Rex kite to the coast in order to find our wind. 

We tried to top off our fun evening with frozen yogurt but then Jonah threw a maniacal tantrum because we weren't going to cross the park to play in the playground.  Oh well.  You just have to treasure the pleasant moments when you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment