Thursday, May 15, 2014

My Life & Times #3

A few weeks ago I was talking with a good friend about most embarrassing moments and I realized that I have just a few quality experiences in my life.  It got me thinking.  A lot of my experiences are most likely preserved in a journal somewhere, I'm sure. But others I'm not so sure.  So I decided to record them for all to enjoy. 

So, enjoy!

They will be written in no particular order or schedule.  :)

The year was 1996.  I was at college.  And on a date.  The boy and I had known each other for 4-5 months but only recently started to go on actual dates. 

We had gone to a play in Salt Lake and were now back at my apartment.  It had been a great evening, good conversation and a fun time. It was curfew and time for the Boy to go home.  I walked him to the door and he goes in for the very first good night kiss.  All of a sudden I start to feel nauseous and light headed...and I faint.  Yes, folks.  I fainted during our first kiss.

And it wasn't a graceful "movie" fall to my side with the back of my hand on my forehead. It was a slumping to the floor, falling back, head hitting the wall, knees flying open along with my skirt kind of faint.  Not graceful nor cute. It took me a minute to figure out what had happened and then I was too shocked to even react.

The Boy helped me to couch as surprised as I was.  He got me some juice and we sat there just awkward.  And then we just busted up laughing.  I realized that with class, homework, the gym, and getting ready, I hadn't eaten since 3:00pm. And it was midnight.

I looked at the Boy and said, "You must feel very swanky, as Grandpa J would say.  Feel pretty good, Mr. Suave?"

He tried to be serious and say he was just worried about me, but he couldn't resist smiling and we laughed again.    And he said he wouldn't tell anyone but then we decided we had to share with roommates. I was completely embarrassed but it was a classic story.  It was too good not to share.

For the next few weeks, I had to live through a few knowing smiles from the Boy's roommates while he suffered through "way-to-go!" nudges.  Poor guy.

At least he'll have a good story to tell when his own son starts dating.

2 comments:

  1. Totally cute! Love embarrassing stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but her husband makes her swoon EVERY time they kiss.

    ReplyDelete