Sunday, May 11, 2014

Random Jonah Quotes

Aaron and Jonah had gone swimming as usual. Which is funny because Jonah can't swim.  Aaron  throws him and he can paddle enough to get his tiny face above water until Aaron rescues him.  Aaron was getting ready to toss him and he yells, "Physics don't fail me now!"



Sitting in church I hear Jonah excitedly whisper, "Yes! I WON!  I am SO awesome!" I look over and he's fist-pumping with joy. I look down and he's playing Tic Tac Toe...with himself.


 
Playing on my phone with a new "pottery game" he turns to me so serious, so determined,
"I need to create something rather dashing!"



Aaron carries a screaming Jonah into the house after he accidentally gets hit in the head with a metal pole as the boys were putting up the trampoline.  When this kid gets hurt he doesn't want anyone to look at him or his wound until he's ready.  So he runs upstairs and slams his door.  I give him a few minutes to calm down and then go in.

In the most pathetic, sad wail you have ever heard, "They were right!!  I was wro-ong!!  I'm just a little boy!  I'm NO-OBODY!"

I just lay down next to him to cuddle on his bed. He is so sad and so devastated.  Whaa?  Nobody??  I couldn't track where his thoughts had gone and why they had landed here.

"I'm nobody!  I should just go to another family!"

What is going through his brain and how in the world can this boy think he is nobody? We talk a few minutes about how he's my favorite 5 year old in the universe, how there wouldn't be a Team Williams without him, etc.  Not quite sure what is needed.

And then it was like something in his brain switched on and his countenance completely changed. He smiles and jumps up.
"I'm not down!  I'm ready to take them on! (Fist-pumping) Jonah is back in the game, baby!" 

Off he runs back outside ready to take on the world just like his old, confident  self.

We have a strange kid.

2 comments:

  1. He is the Napoleon Dynamite of his own little world...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jonah is the best. My favorite story of Jonah is when he stopped on a walk to meditate like Kung fu Panda. Priceless.

    ReplyDelete