Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Lukey Update

Lucas. Where do I start with Lucas?  Well probably one of the most important items to him is that he is now officially taller than me, by about 3 inches. He's actually right between his nana and his Aunt Genet, according to our door frame chart. "Short One" has become my new nickname by this kid who isn't bothered by the fact most 14 year olds are taller than me.  He's shaving regularly and has feet are just about bigger than Aaron's.  It's fun to see him grow and change but I love that he still likes to cuddle and hug.  Sweet boy.


I had to sneak up and take this picture of him because usually this is what I get...



He's trying out track this year.  Much to the delight of his father.  He's doing the long jump and the high only right now and seems to me like he has good form and does well.  That's just a mom's opinion.  We wanted him to get a feel of it before high school and hopefully he'll go out for that team. He's built like his daddy so track is a good fit for him.   Too bad tennis is the same season because he really has to pick one or the other.

He's still playing in the bands at school and will continue into high school.  They just started a marching band so he's excited to be a part of that.  He'll get a little practice this spring when the junior high will play and march in the Junior Rose Bowl Parade.  He plays the trombone and the baritone but I still wanted him to take lessons to actually learn theory and all that stuff.   So he's now taking piano again.  He actually practices without me bugging him all the time and is learning some fun songs.

Lucas is off to church dances and loves having friends over.  I am so grateful for the wonderful group of kids he has for friends.  Both members and non-members, boys and girls and they are good kids, polite, respectful and fun.  I enjoy having them over and feeding them. :)  They'll all go to high school together next year.  This place has released time seminary which bugs Aaron because he wants his kids to sacrifice as much as he did starting seminary at 5:45am.  I can't really complain because the first two years were in my basement.  :)

I am so grateful for this child.  He has his struggles and weaknesses but what makes all the difference is he is a good talker.  He will talk to us about his problems and issues, his day, his friends, his crushes (he's has crushes on girls since he was 2 1/2), what is exciting to him, etc.  We are very blessed in that way!  He's my buddy.




3 comments:

  1. I miss these faces! I'm glad you started up again. Maybe you'll inspire me to do the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the update Natalie. Miss you! By the way, I met a girl that knows you. I can't remember her name, but she has taken family pictures for you guys and they now live in Arkansas. We both think you are way cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting on your blog again. I have really missed the "Lukey updates." They're both great kids.

    ReplyDelete