Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Do lots of pictures make up for not writing for 2 weeks?

I've been working on a lot of Christmas projects this last week, thus taking my attention away from posting. I'll post about the projects I've been slaving away at once I post lots of pictures of our wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. Aaron's parents, Tom and Lois, came from Utah and his brother, Brant and family, came up from Vancouver. It was quite cozy for all us in our little home. I know, I need to just get over how small our house feels when we have people over and stop apologizing for it. I love having company so I'll just have to deal with a little "coziness," right? Thanks fam, for putting up with it. Anyway, it's is so fun to get together with family.


Cute picture of Lucas and his grandpa.




I've made pork roast for Thanksgiving before since turkey isn't my favorite, but this year I decided to go for it and ya, browned a little uneven but I thought it tasted great. If I do say so myself.




Olives anyone?



Yummy eating... (see the crown molding? We've finally gotten it up after 2 years. Kitchen is D.O.N.E.) Except for the water pressure in the faucet, one sunken outlet and a gap in the counter....okay, so we're almost done after 2 years.



What's Thanksgiving without a gigantic drumstick?





We had Jonah sleeping in our room for the week. Getting a little shut eye at 7 in the morning after a gloriously fun play time from 3-5am.





Cousins played together, read together and had almost no fighting. Loving the maturity thing.




A throwback to my childhood when we would make Oreo turkeys.




Cute, right? Well, they may not be appetizing but it was fun/messy making them at least.




We are definitely going to have to keep our eye on these two. Two peas in a messy pod.




Sean taking a break from his non-stop exploring in his sweet mama's lap.




Grandpa teaching Jonah the finer points of the IPhone.



Happily chewing and...yes, spitting it back out. I debated putting on some of the other more graphic food photos but I figured you can just use your imagination with the mess he creates with with his masticated food.




Williams visit = traditional man time birding. Aren't they all so cute with their "matching" binoculars?




As you can see stomachs were stuffed, birds were watched and many hours were spent relaxing and talking. Thanks for coming. It's WAY too long between our visits.
Love you guys!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Great pictures and it looks like you guys had a happy Thanksgiving. Two thoughts...1) Wow...Aaron really looks like his dad. Totally can see the resemblance. Love the bird-ing picture. Evan's going to be jealous. 2) Love the crown molding!! Can't wait to see it in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on cooking the turkey. Looks like a fun time with all the fam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the 3-5am play time was fun!!!!!!! You make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete