Friday, December 18, 2009

For Grandparents Eyes Only

Yes. I am a true Mommy Blogger now that I have actually put our son's piano recital up on a post. So, for the sake of everyone else, I have warned you that this post may be for grandparents only. But, if any of you are so inclined, feel free to give a listen to Lucas' incredible rendition of "We Three Kings" and "Oh Come All Ye Faithful." You might be moved to tears...






Lucas' best friend started taking from the same teacher so they had fun sitting together. These two do everything together...soccer, basketball, piano. Great boys.



Lucas started piano about 9 months ago and has been plugging along. He likes to learn songs but practicing gets old and more than once during his practice time do we have to redirect him back to the keys. Boy, do I remember those days. My parents suffered through 4 years of piano from me before they let me quit. My mother said I would always regret it. And of course, she was right. Luckily Laurie, Lucas' teacher, is a wonderful beginner teacher, very patient and great with the kids. She is also a dear friend. We got to know each other when we worked together in our Stake YW's presidency, and then when I admitted the error of my younger days, I myself took piano lessons from her for a year or so until Jonah came to town. And I didn't complain once during my practicing this time around. It's amazing the maturity 20 years will bring you.

No comments:

Post a Comment