Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'm old.

Our washing machine died on Saturday. It died full of dirty water and old rags. It died with smokey camping clothes piled high in front of it. It died with a week's worth of laundry waiting patiently their turn. And the clothes and work have kept piling up all week with the washer out of commission. You'd think I'd be put out, frustrated. Yet all I can think about is My New Washer coming on Thursday. No more 20 year old washer our dear friends gave us when we moved into our house. So, I declare myself officially old. I thought I could skirt it a while by staying clear of buying The Mini Van and signing up for facebook. But I guess there's no escaping. I'm old. Old enough to be excited about a new appliance... super excited.

1 comment:

  1. This is how I felt getting the minivan. (And Danielle kept reaffirming to me that I was definitelt old if I wanted a van!) But I still love it!

    ReplyDelete