Monday, September 21, 2009

Flaming Guitars & Orange Skulls

This summer I made a "Summer Fun" box filled with random ideas and activities we could do together on a down day with nothing planned. I patted myself on the back for being such a fun mom and actually being prepared with wonderful adventures for us to do together....We did exactly 3 things from our "Summer Fun" box. Now, some might think the box was a failure. But I just see it that we had so many other vacations, trips, camps and exciting activities planned that we didn't need any outside help.

One such activity from the box we actually ended up doing was making fleece pants, or as we Williams call them "keeemp pants." (You can ask Grandpa Williams why we call them that.) Anyway, we found a simple pattern and Lucas chose his fabric, cut out the fleece and sewed most of them himself. It was fun to work together and have Lucas learn a new skill. Did I mention he got to choose his own fabric? He even came up with the two-toned idea and was thrilled he could combine two of his favorite fabric finds. Yes, those are electric guitars on a background of flames and orange skulls swirling in a sea of grey smoke. What mother wouldn't be proud.



What a look of excitement and anticipation of his first day of 4th grade.
Lucas is such a goofball. I can hardly ever get a simple smile out of him any time I try to take a picture these days.
Overheard conversation:
We are riding back from a friend's lake house in Spokane and in the very back seat was Lucas and the 6 year old little sister of one of Lucas' friends. She fought to be the one to ride home with Lucas instead of the friend. They were talking the whole time about games, school, life, etc.
Jaylee: "You're nice. Usually my brother and his friends won't let me play and just ignore me."
Lucas about as a matter-of-factly as possible: "Yea, well, I am nicer than most people."

I have to agree for the most part. Yesterday I was driving Lucas and his best friend Kyle to soccer practice and we were talking about school.
Lucas: I am so excited when we get our 1st grade buddies and we get to teach 'em stuff.
Kyle: Yea, it should be fun.
Lucas: Kyle, whoever gets to be your buddy sure is lucky.
Kyle: Really? Why?
Lucas: Cause you're AWESOME!!

Hey, he gives people their props. Like I said, what mother wouldn't be proud.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted pictures of the pants. I've been waiting to see them. So cool! (Or at least, I'm sure Lucas thinks so.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...love the pants! They're so GREAT! You have every reason in the world to be a proud mama. :-)

    ReplyDelete