Friday, March 8, 2013

Preferences of Teenager

Yep.  Our preteen is now official.  First order of business was to convince him to cut his hair.  He has always preferred longer bangs but he finally let us change it and I have to say I love it.  Changes his face so much.  And luckily our preference has become his preference and we're all happy.  Win/win!


Sooo much better, no??

Also to commemorate this passage into teenhood, we threw a party.  A CO-ED party.  Aren't we the rebel parents.  When we moved here, we prayed very specifically for good friends, leaders and teachers for our boys, and so far we've gotten just that.  Luke's got a great group of friends, members & nonmembers, boys & girls.  They are silly & fun & they support each other.

They ate pizza, played video games, watched a movie and had a scavenger hunt..

Lucas said it was the best party he ever had.

The kid is doing very well in school.  We had some rough times for a while but he's gotten a routine down so he isn't so overwhelmed.  Love it!  We're all mucho happier.  He even received an award today for "Being Respectful."  They held an assembly and got their picture taken with Scott Thomas, a Timbers player.

He's still playing in the Jazz and Concert bands, both trombone and baritone.  He enjoys the music and how it all comes together even when his part doesn't really sound that great by itself.  Doesn't he look dapper in his performance bow tie and cumber bun??  Don't let the face fool you.  He knew he was 'all that.'

Anyone need 3 pairs of brand new size 14 jeans for boys?  We bought Lucas 3 new pairs of jeans along with other other wardrobe necessities at the start of school.   Have any of the jeans been worn?  No, not once, because apparently the look these days are plaid shorts and hoodies.  What does Lucas wear EVERY SINGLE DAY?  Plaid shorts and hoodies.  Rain, sleet or shine.  We finally just bought him 4 new pairs of shorts and 2 new hoodies for Christmas because I needed something else to look at.

Seriously, anyone want them because he has now grown out of the jeans and I probably won't hold on to them for 9 years until Jonah catches up.  :) 

Speaking of catching up, Lucas now officially has bigger feet than me and I give him 6 months before he passes me in height. I knew this day would come, sooner rather than later, but still.  My baby.  Growing up.

I know I always say this whenever I do a Lukey Update, but I am amazed with his kindness and sensitivity.  Plus he's a talker.  Always has been.  Tells me most everything that is going on with school, friends, girls.  So it's not boasting when it's just talking to your mom.  (It's boasting on my part, for sure, not his)  Last month he told me about a girl in our ward that attends his school.  She truly struggles socially and told Lucas that didn't have anyone she considered a friend. Well she got transferred to his lunch period and he noticed she was sitting alone.  He invited her to his table with all his friends and even invited her to his birthday party.  She's now a regular in their group.  He is always been such an example to me because he does stuff like this all the time.

He loves steak, Panda Express orange chicken, the video game Terraria, his dog Cotton &wall ball.  One of my favorite kids in the world!

I've been working on our master bedroom & so have a lot of projects done.  It's been my regular comedy of errors...no, not errors. Comedy of indecision, I guess.  Anyway, projects to come.

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing person Lucas is. He makes me so proud of him. He is also very handsome. His sensitivity to other people is heartwarming. Grandma thinks he's the cat's meow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so much like Aaron in that first picture, I can't believe it! What a great kid!

    ReplyDelete