Thursday, March 14, 2013

Just another day

Jonah came over and asked me for more cereal.  No problem, just bring me your bowl.  And then with his angry, pursed lips he began, "No, you get my bowl!"

 "Jonah, if you want more cereal, you can bring me your bowl."

"No! You get my bowl!!"

I calmy told him he is not allowed to talk to me that way and if he wanted more cereal he needed to find his bowl and bring it to me.

"NO!  You get the bowl and you get my cereal!  You have feet and legs, so walk across the room and you get it!"

I stood up and as soon as he saw The Look on my face, he backpedaled as fast as his little legs could carry him.

He smiles his sweet smile, "Oh, I'M JUST KIDDIN'!!  Ha. Ha.  You know I'm just kiddin'.  E-e-everyone knows I am so silly."  And sheepishly tip toes across the room.  "I'll go get it."

That's right, you'll go get it, Mister.


Here's one from Aaron....

"Maybe you just had to be there, but I just had to share this Classic Jonah:

I took Lucas to school this morning and forgot that Natalie had to take Jonah to pre-school, so I took her van with the car seat in it. I called on the way back and apologized; they were waiting for me when I pulled into the driveway.

As I'm strapping Jonah into his seat he says "You STOLE Mommy's car!" "I didn't - I just needed to take Lukey to school and used Mommy's car."

As the side door is sliding shut and they're hurrying out, he gives me this ultra-stern look, points at me and says "We'll talk about this later...Daddy." Such contempt.

He really does think he's an adult.

Yeah, it was funnier when it happened."
 


BONUS:
This morning Genet brought Bennett and Paxton over to play while she had a physical therapy session for her sprained ankle.  Bennett last night said to them, "Even though I don't have school tomorrow, I still do.  I'm going to the Williams School. The Williams School of Laziness and Video Games!"

Ha!  Isn't that what an aunt and uncle are for!?  I do have a pile of laundry with his name on it if he wants it.  But I have a feeling he'd pick Kirby every time.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment