Friday, April 27, 2012

The little 80 yr old Asian man in my zumba class

zumba is a dance workout, as most people know.  And in my renewed efforts to lose this 3 year old baby weight, I decided I'd give one class a try.  (Basically it was the only class offered at the time I had to work out.)  Anyway, can I just say this class is hi-larious.   I had the best time just watching everyone.   There are young aspiring Solid Gold dancers ( I wanted to say stripper-pole dancers but this is a family blog), middle aged women rocking it with abandon (picture Martha Stewart doing the Cabbage Patch) and newbies like me tucked quietly in the corner just trying to keep up and not fall on their face. (Of course. There are normal, coordinated women there rockin' it and just having a fun work out.)

And then there is this adorable old man, unassuming in the back.  Apparently he is the mascot of this class and attends regularly.

 I actually laughed out loud at his attempt at The Pony during the song "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy."   And bless his heart, I totally lost the beat watching him hold his hips while trying to pull off Beyonce's booty-shake move.

He made my day.

No, my week.

Because of him I might go back. Plus it was a great work out.  When I couldn't follow the steps, all I had to do was shake my hips and jump around and no one was the wiser.  

Who knows?   Maybe one day I might get confident enough to join the strippers, I mean the talented dancers, in the front.

1 comment:

  1. They have a zumba class that they do after 3:30 at my school. At first I thought it looked silly, but it looks like a REALLY good workout!
    Keep it up Aunt Natalie!!!

    Julia

    ReplyDelete