Monday, April 16, 2012

Odds & Ends

OK.  Now all these extra pictures don't quite fit together after the loose narrative I had going in the original Guatemala post.  And since this is me, I cannot get Mary Kay's CD of pictures working to add others.  I somehow erased her CD. How does that happen?!  I mean. I know I'm not a super computer nerd, but I thought I could at least hold my own and not erase a CD without knowing it.

So here's randomness at it's best....

Super cute video of my mom and her wonderful Spanish....



Another great view from our early morning bus.   It just brought back so many mission memories.


Our crammed-full, knee-to-knee bus the first morning as we drove out to Santa Lucia.  Most of the volunteers and all the dentists.  Yes, the one that had the flat tire.  Too much weight?

Here's Mary Kay at work, just doing her thang.

Our Thursday morning breakfast overlooking Antigua.

Just kicking it in front of a fruit and vegetable depiction of the "Holy Grail" out on the front lawn like every morning.

I wish I got a better picture of the real, working people her in Antigua.  It was such a mixture of the modern and old world traditions.

Lucas, our picky-picky eater, actually eating calamari!  I guess you fry anything and it becomes edible but I was amazed he even tried it.  I told you this trip was good for him and getting him out of his comfort zone!

Ok, to finish off this amazing trip I just had leave you with some of my favorite pictures....










It's sad I only remember about a quarter of their names, but they will forever be in my heart. 
(All together now... "aah.")

1 comment:

  1. Aaron: Go Mom! Busting out with the Spanish - impressive. Nat - awesome pictures. You can tell that your favorite thing about the trip was the people.

    ReplyDelete