Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Boy & His Blankie

Maybe it was something I did or it was because both our boys were major spitter-uppers, but they both latched on to these cloth diapers as their blankies.  And I have to say, I love it.   Most kids have something like a blankie of some sorts, but this way I have 20 of them, one is always clean and if we lose some we can always buy more.  I am always covered.
When we're out and about, his favorite way to wear his security blanket is around his neck.  He asks, "Tight?  Tight?" and wants me to tie it around his neck, ascot-style.  Maybe it's to keep his hands free for toddler destruction or he just likes the Fred Astaire look.  Man's got style, what can I say? (I do have admit I lost a little respect for dear Fred when I saw him playing a villian on a rerun of Battlestar Galactica. Fred Astaire in cheesy 80's space travel just does NOT have a place in my brain.)
Like Lucas, Jonah is also a huge pacifier man and does not want to live without it.  I am slowly trying to wean him from this security appendage but if he is anything like his brother, this is going to be a battle.

For now I 'll let him have his comfort. Life is hard enough. And who couldn't use a little snuggle that makes everything right with the world?

1 comment: