Monday, March 7, 2011

Bucket List

I never realized this was on my bucket list until we decided to go.  I grew up watching the commercials and then when they came Seattle, the commercials still didn't really even register with me.  But now that we have an 11 year old boy who does "register" with sports, especially basketball, and who couldn't stop talking about them, I realized I have always wanted to see them too.  And "them" are the Harlem Globetrotters!  I mean, who really wouldn't want to see these American icons?! (Except maybe my father-in-law :)

We decided  to go for it and instead of a birthday party this year, Lucas could invite some friends.  When the time came, I was just as excited as all the 11 year old boys that came with us.  We got a babysitter for Monkey Boots (that's his new nickname because all he wants to wear are the rubber boots the Friess' got him for Christmas, yep they have monkeys on them) and that made a huge difference in parental enjoyment. 
                                     
It was actually a great show and a super fun afternoon.  And who would have thought it would be something I could cross off my "Before I Die" list.  I sure didn't.  But there you go. Life is full of surprises.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Lucas!! :-) Glad you enjoyed the fun and can now cross that one off your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, they are fun to watchFun birthday activity for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great time! Hooray for bucket lists!

    ReplyDelete