Monday, March 28, 2011

Tiger Stripes

It must be in the genes.  Both of our boys love to draw.  Yet it's not the kind of art I usually sanction or appreciate.  Lucas, when he was little, was a body artist.  Any time he got a hold of a marker, his face, arms, and hands were never the same.  He called them "tiger stripes" and boy, did he l.o.v.e. his tiger stripes.  No matter how many times we hid the pens and markers, he had an innate ability to sniff them out and go to town.  I have to admit it usually made me laugh because he created some great warrior tattoos and he himself could not have been prouder. Luckily it was never something a good bath or a few days couldn't wear off.  (I know I have other pictures of more self-graffiti instances but for the life of me I can't find them.)





Jonah, with a propensity to color as well, loves to leave his mark on everything around him. Like marking his territory. His art is usually done in stealth, left to be discovered at some random time when the ink has a chance to set. We've found pen on the sofa, pencil marks all over the wood floors, permanent marker on the table and today was his gutsiest move to date-he actually colored ME with chalk as I was brushing my teeth.
Lucas grew out of his phase, graduated to paper and still loves to draw.  Jonah will hopefully move quickly to paper as well.  But I might have to repaint all the walls and refinish all my furniture before he does.

2 comments:

  1. Love those pics of Lucas! It's nice to know we're not alone.....a couple weeks ago, Claire found a Sharpie and wrote all over our leather furniture. I bet Claire and Jonah could do some damage if we ever got them together! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, what can I say? These are true Williams men. We where our stripes on the ouside...or...on the wall...

    Aaron

    ReplyDelete