Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor Day Picnic in Seattle

After a c.r.a.z.y. busy week of baby showers, work parties, neighborhood bbq's, start of school, 2 PTA activities, Mariner's game, dinner with the missionaries, a sick Jonah and just life, we decided to have a quiet Labor Day to ourselves. I should have guessed just how "to ourselves" we would be for our Labor Day Picnic in Seattle.




Of course it was raining here in Seattle, so we had the whole park just about to ourselves except for another crazy family racing remote cars. We walked the trails, explored Lucas' favorite place in the forest and got really wet.





Personally, I am not ready for The Rain. We got gypped (That's how you spell it. I looked it up.)out of sun this summer and I didn't get my vitamin D quota for the year. I am gearing up for some raging seasonal affective disorder this winter. I'm already counting down the days until our sunny Thanksgiving extravaganza in Arizona.

Love this little family.





2 comments:

  1. Who knows maybe we will be lucky and the sun will come out for a few more weeks. The baby shower was cute good job planning it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We at least got sun for Labor Day but it has been hiding since then. No fair! Summer was late in starting and early in ending. I think I'm going to have to buy one of those lamps that gives you extra sunlight.

    ReplyDelete