Monday, May 3, 2010

Vancouver, BC: The Sequel

Brant and his girls came the night before so the cousins had a sleepover and then we took off early Friday morning. The trip was only about 2 and half hours but I sacked out before too long. Okay, yes, apparently I frown when I sleep. But I had no idea it was quite that terrifying. I'm so sorry, dear. I noticed from my parents last visit that I get this particular quirk from my mother but she is definitely not so scary looking. Wow. Agian, honey, thank you for loving me anyway and thank you for documenting me in all my loveliness. Love you!


Jonah and his beloved tube of toothpaste. Yes, this is the same one that saved us on our temple tour.


After our wonderful trip to the temple we checked into our hotel and headed to get some grub. Here the kids gather around an iPhone to keep entertained. I guess whatever works when were in public, enclosed spaces.

Jonah kept himself entertained by spitting out french fries, climbing on the table, poking his mother with a fork, dumping drinks, and screeching until he got let down to run amok. And he looks so innocent.
After we filled our stomachs, we went out to the Lynn Canyon suspension bridge. Lucas decided he is scared of heights but it sure was beautiful. LUCAS ROCKS! (Lucas hijacked the blog and wrote a note while I was chasing JB trying to get a diaper changed. But I happen to agree completely so I'll let it ride.) Here he is doing a pull up on the suspension cable.

There was a beautiful trail to hike so we went for a stroll.





All the cousins, except for Pax who was napping in his carrier.

There he is.


Taking a little break from the rat race.
Love this picture of the two of them.
Cute, cute girl. And a girl after my own heart for her sweet tooth rivals even mine.
The night was topped off with a cold swim in the hotel pool (NOT by me, that's what dad's are for) and delivered pizza.

We all slept well for the most part, JB in a crib in the bathroom. And we were ready for day 2.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, LOVE the frown! :-) That is too funny. Great pictures. Looks like you guys had a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great trip! I'm so jealous that you are all together and able to go up to the temple open house. Looks like a wonderful time... Now I wonder if I get my drooling habit from Dad??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun trip! I love Vancouver. I remember going across that bridge. The area around it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete