Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Canadian finds

My Canadian dollar stores finds. Pretty simple but I think pretty cute.


Couldn't decide which was worse...flash or no flash.



First off is the frame. I had been looking for something exactly like this for my keys, the keys that came home with me from Argentina. The larger one is from a chapel in where they changed the locks because too many people had made copies. (Sound familiar? A deacon in our ward always let me into the library because I couldn't get the code, yet everyone knew it.) The smaller one is one of my apartment keys that I forgot to turn in. They were on my key chain for years but then just in a jewelry box and now on my wall. In a dollar store frame mounted on sample fabric I got while looking for curtains.






I haven't put it anywhere because I am still waiting for my dining room to come together. But it will most likely go in there. Owls are under renovation. More to come.

Aaron and I are off to Victoria for a few days while my saintly mother is here to play with the boys. Good times!

4 comments:

  1. Lucky you being able to go to Victoria! Cute idea on the keys. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun in Victoria! I'm insanely jealous, but also insanely happy for you! :-)

    I love the keys by the way. They look very cool. You are so crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The keys turned out so cute! What a great idea. I think Canada might have way better dollar stores than we do--your finds are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nat, you are SO creative and thrifty. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete