Sunday, May 9, 2010

My mothers

Do you have wonderful women in you life? These two are some of my favorites and I feel blessed to know them, learn from them and call them my friends.

My mother gives 110% in everything she does. Whether it be in her calling or family history, her marriage or friendships, or her role as a mother and grandmother. She is always dedicated to doing her very best. She is a scriptorian and devoted in her studies. I always loved looking through her scriptures at all the notes and notations she made that offered insights and inspiration. My mother is a gifted teacher and speaker. She can clearly convey her thoughts and ideas, teaching by the Spirit in a powerful way. She is a do-er, spontaneous and adventurous. She never shies away from a challenge, from sky diving to designing and sewing my prom dress 2 weeks before prom because we could not find a cute, modest one in Chicago. She is a beautiful example of Christ-like charity and how to show love for others. She is always inviting friends over, sending care packages, and going above and beyond anything someone would expect to show her love for them. She has taught me how to be a mother, loving, firm, steadfast and fun, and a supportive and devoted wife. She is my dear friend and I love her!

















I was blessed to have my other mom by marraige. I have to say I truly lucked out to have this beautiful, tender woman as my mother in law. First she raised a tender, crazy, hard working son that I love dearly and then she became a sweet friend and incredible support to me. She has helped me understand raising boys and encourages me to seek the Lord in teaching these two dear children. She is an example of pure love and selfless service. Her humility and Christ like love is felt by all who know her. She quietly goes about her work, serving faithfully in the Lord's vineyard and tirelessy caring for others. She doesn't see herself a leader, yet the Lord calls her again and again to tend to those in need. She is a gifted friend, always interested in what you are doing, always asking more about how you are doing and probing for stories of her grandchildren. Though we live far apart she makes sure her grandkids know she loves them and they can't help but to love her sweetness. I love being with her and feeling her unconditional love and support. I love her and feel blessed to be called family!



Posted by Picasa
(I think Dad looks adorable in this picture.)

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment: