Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Primary Mode of Transportation

Jonah has finally decided he wanted to walk! At 15 months, it's taken a little while but these last few weeks he has left crawling in the dust. I have to admit it's lots of fun. He's very independent and will not hold my hand while we walk outside and must find his own way. But he is so proud of himself and finds pure joy in his accomplishment. He doesn't get into things any more than before (no less either), I am used to the constant mess and not picking up until he goes to bed. But lately he's into, even more than before, the toilet and runs to it any time a door is left open. I've found brushed, toys and keys all taking a dip these last few weeks. But no matter what I do, it's still a fun game to him and runs away squealing.


I took this video to document when Jonah first started walking a few weeks ago but it's Lucas who makes me smile. This is so typical Lucas. Now I can't say who he really gets this from because his father is, well, Aaron and who couldn't imagine Aaron pulling the dance moves Lucas performs. But then there are little known videos out there of Lucas' mother at 10 years old giving a very detailed and enthusiastic tour of the kitchen highlighting an especially scrumptious brand of cereal and discoursing on the ripeness of the bananas. He was doomed to a life of drama and silliness. Or, on the other hand, he's just a typical 10 year old boy.



Jonah babbles ALL DAY LONG. He IS a Williams. :) Amidst the babbling, Jonah also says quite a few words these days...Mama, Daddy, doggie, baby, poopie, ball, bye-bye, no, yea, "bobby" (for bottle), "kank you", nummy (for food) and shoe. No "Lucas" yet but we're trying hard. When you ask him what a cow says, he goes "Ooo-ooo." Can't quite get the "m" in there yet. I can rarely get him on video because he gets too shy or too interested in the camera itself to actually talk. Can't wait to understand what he is actually saying. Below is a small sample of what I hear every day.




He also still great at giving kisses. He went through a stage where his kisses comprised of one long lick from cheek to cheek but he now is back to just open-mouth. And he also is wonderful at giving "loves." He'll cuddle just the way I like it.



Jonah LOVES outside and I can't wait for the weather to stay nicer. He makes a beeline outdoors if ever he hears a door open. One day when the weather was nicer I let him play and of course he gravitated straight to the dirt.


We went to the park this last beautiful Saturday and it was fun to see the boys play together. It was the first time we had taken Jonah to the park since he could walk and do more things by himself. Loved it!


Aaron had gone for a 10 mile run that morning and then taken the kids (we were watching some good friend's 3 children) on a hike and ended up with a 3 year old on his shoulders most of the time. He is such a great daddy!


Rare sunny spring day in Seattle.


PS I know, I give the Williams a hard time for being such talkers. When Aaron and I first got married we would go over to his parents house every Sunday for pork chops and ice cream. His parents are wonderful so I LOVED it and truly enjoyed our time together. But the first few times I came home with a head ache and would ask Aaron NOT to talk for just a little while. After hours of discussing how long you could live on a desert island with just Tic Tacs, I needed some quiet. :) Joking aside, they are great conversationalists and I truly miss our Sunday night dinners together. I also love that Aaron is the talker in our relationship and helps me not clam up when I get frustrated. His parents taught him well!

3 comments:

  1. That babbling video is classic - in his mind he is really saying something! Paige recently start intently telling me often "duh duh duh duh duh" like she is really trying to tell me something important. They are so cute! And Lucas' MJ moves?! I had no idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Jonah! I'm happy to see that the messes have not increased or decreased with his newfound skill. At least you know what to expect, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I could last 3 days on tic tacs before passing out - I must hear the discussion on this!

    Jonah is moving, but Lucas has got the moves!! His moon walk was killer!

    ReplyDelete