Thursday, April 15, 2010

3rd time's a charm?

Here's my third attempt to make my word art project thing. This time I used colored plastic to align all the words better, I used just two font sizes instead of 4-5, and returned to latex paint. I had been looking for a larger canvas with a thicker depth but everywhere I went they were all at least $50. Couldn't see spending $50 on an art project I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out. But last week I went to Joann's armed with my 40% off coupon ready to just bite the bullet and go for. As luck would have it, the canvases were on clearance, so they were already half priced. I also bought a cheap glue gun since my 15 year old one fell apart on me months ago. I gave the cashier my coupon and the canvas checked out at another 40% off. I got the $50 canvas for $14.99! LO-OVE IT!







I'm going to be hanging it up in our dining room once I get that room together. Yes, the one I started redecorating 6 months ago which basically has consisted of just taking everything down. The color I used on the art-thing is a hint to my cabinet that I has been painstakingly working on these past months. It truly has been a comedy of delays but I can finally say it is done and I love it. Post on that soon.




The lighting in my dining room leaves much to be desired so I had to use a flash. Not so great but you get the idea.




These have been a fun project and I feel I am getting better at it. It always turns out differently than what I think, but still pretty cool, right?

7 comments:

  1. I like it! Can't wait to see it in person! Also, can't wait to see your cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know that I'm a big fan! It turned out great. And I, too, and dying to see your painted cabinet. Post soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turned out great! Good job! You should do an enrichment on this so we can all learn your cool skill. FYI did you know that the 2 pack canvases are on sale at Michael's this week? I got the 18x24in size one for less than 6 bucks so that is less than 3 dollars a canvas. But they probably aren't as super thick as the one you got at JoAnn's which btw 14.99 for 50 dollar canvas is a great deal! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! What a cute idea! It turned out really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT! OK, I am going to find the perfect place in my house for some of your art work and seriously commission a piece...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are brave to take the gamble and invest in your art, AND it turns out great! So talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love. love. love this.

    thanks again for helping me make one of these. i love mine so much!!

    your the best natalie

    amy

    ReplyDelete