Monday, August 22, 2011

My Favorite JB quotes of the week


While driving to an open house, Lucas asked about the mortgage crisis and why houses were selling so low. We obviously started talking about houses, and Jonah hearing the conversation started saying, "Just a couple more houses...just a couple more houses." Yes, we've toured many a house this summer and Jonah heard this phrase more than once.

I asked Jonah if he wanted to take a bath and he matter of factly states, "Thanks, but not too-day." And walks out of the room.

The Bionicle he was playing with started asking himself, "Where is my bum?! I've lost my bum! Where is it?" And then turning himself over, "Oh. There it is."

He has issues with hitting. Mostly with sticks. With kids he thinks will sword fight back with him like his older brother does. Then he thinks everyone's ouchies will be taken care of with a few mumbled, "Is okay.  Is okay." And a couple soft pats and puckered kisses.  I don't know.  It works on my ouchies.

Today at the store we separated so Aaron, Lucas and our neighbor's two kids could find a certain joystick they were looking to buy.  The whole time Jonah kept asking, "Where my boys?  Mom, where my boys?"  That kid sure loves his boys.

Yesterday during sacrament meeting I took Jonah on my lap to try and settle him down and remind him what it means to be reverent during the sacrament. Instead of paying one iota of attention to me, he places his hands on my cheek and yells, "I'm gonna eat yo' face for lunch!" And then proceeds to gnaw on said cheek. 

Never dull with this wonderful, happy boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment