Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Jonah the Barbarian

I guess a 2 month hiatus is enough.  My mother in law won't let me slack any more.  :)  This summer has been busy, crazy, fun, with lots-o-familia.   As most everyone  knows, we're on our way to Portland.  To live.  It still shocks me to say it out loud.  We are going to thoroughly miss Seattle, our friends, our ward, and Lucas' school.  It's been a wonderful ten years here.  But then I think of all the fun we've had with family this summer and I have to admit we are ready to be near family permanently.  I am so excited for babysit swapping, last minute BBQ's, sleep-overs with cousins, Sunday dinners and Mark repaying all the yard work we've done for him these past years. :) 

I have decided not to try and write a play by play of the summer. Too overwhelming.  So, I'll just do a kid update, since that's all I really want to talk about anyway.  Starting with the Crazy Man...

Jonah is a happy, wild, loving little brother.  He mirrors everything Lucas does and admires him like no one else.  Jonah now loves "uncles" or Bionicles and playing with destroying all of Lucas' Lego creations.  He bites the heads off all the "lego guys" and loves to create stories with his figures.  I don't understand any of these stories but there's a lot of yelling for "help," hugging each other and asking if they are hungry.

Jonah loves to wrestle and will charge anyone who even looks at him the wrong way.  He growls and attacks, cackling the whole way.  He loves to do flips with his daddy, wrestle on the bed with Lucas, and do "ya-ya's" with his Uncle Brant, one of his most favorite people.   

He knows how to delay going to bed by asking for more hugs and kisses or if I mention nap time, he turns his head away from me and says "I just can't talk about it."



Yesterday Jonah came up to me crying, "Ouchie! My toe hurt me!"  I tried to figure out what was wrong but couldn't see anything.  And then he says, "Get the scissors, Mom." 
"What?!" 
"Get the scissors!  Peese!" holding his toe.
"Uh...what...uh...do you want to cut your toe off?"
"YES!"
Yikes. I am seriously going to have to keep those scissors in my sights at all times.

 The man's 3 vices:
Chupey (pacifier)
Blankies (10-15 cloth diapers)
Bobbies (bottles)

Great picture, huh?  But I had to show how he usually climbs out of bed (minus the bottle).  This Santa Claus comes out stuffed with his 10-15 blankies up his shirt.  It called hands-free comfort.

Anything and everything becomes a sword.  This kid lives with a stick in his hand.  We have to work on the fact not everyone is up for a swash-buckling fight.

He loves the "jumpleen" (trampoline) and taking Cotton for a walk where he h.a.s. to hold the leash even though the dog consistently yanks him over. 

This sweet boy drops unconscious at night, exhausted from his daily exploits.  We love this crazy kid.


2 comments:

  1. Such a cute little guy! He is such a boy, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! A post from Natalie. Love you, good luck with your new move. I think it is exciting.

    ReplyDelete