Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Resigned

I've been denying it for weeks but I guess fall is here to stay.  And even though I have resigned myself to the cold and rain, I will probably continue to whine about it until next June when the sun comes out again  Sorry.   

I am trying to list all the wonderful things about fall, like the holidays, fires in the fireplace, hot chocolate (even if I drink that year round), black boots and cozy scarves.  And in reality I do love fall, it's the winter grey & rain for months on end I don't really enjoy.  Yes, I live in Seattle. Get over it already.

So to help ring in the new season, we went to Remlinger farms for the first time ever and The Farm out in Snohomish that we have gone to every year since Lucas was Jonah's age.
One Friday Lukey had school off, so Aaron took the afternoon from work and we drove out to Carnation.  We rode on the train where JB sat with his head over the side like a dog with his face in the wind the whole time.  This kid LOVES trains.
 




















We played in the tree house, ran around in the hay maze rode all the carnival rides and had a picnic lunch.


Here's where my pride almost made me lose my lunch. Lucas convinced me to go as fast as we could, and to be The Cool Mom I decided to go all out. Which was super fun for the first 60 seconds, but then the whole rest of the ride I yelled at Lucas to stop because I was 3 spins away from losing it all over him. Yeah, he was not impressed.





I love The Farm.   Hay mazes, petting zoo, tractor rides, etc.  All you would want in a pumpkin farm.  We got to go with some friends and the kids enjoyed playing together.



Picking out his own pumpkin.

Plus they get a Popsicle before they go home.

So fun and a perfect way to welcome, although begrudgingy, the Fall.

3 comments:

  1. I love that last picture...actually I think I love it because I love the kiddos in it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel about the rain! I love the pumpkin patch though -- best thing about fall, next to the smell. :)

    ReplyDelete