Friday, October 29, 2010

But oh, those summer nights...

It's the eve of Halloween but part of me still wishes for summer. Seattle gypped us of a hot, sunny summer this year and even though October tried to make up for it a bit, all I say is too little, too late. Maybe if I finally post about our summer trips I can be ready to move on and deal with the upcoming holiday season. Plus the boys have super cute Halloween costumes and I cannot post about them until I finally finish summer. Right?

So amist this rain and cold and pumpkins and fall, I want to write about Lake Chelan 2010. I won't dwell on what didn't go right that week, like Aaron getting a 3rd degree sunburn the first day we were there, or Lucas scratching his eye so he couldn't see for 2 days, or me getting my very first bee sting ever or pinching a nerve is my back so I could hardly move or Jonah throwing up all over himself and the carseat on the way home. No, I don't think about those things. Instead I think about...

Early morning walks on the docks...


Reading books by the water...


Eating ice cream cones from the corner store...


Watching Seven Brides for Seven Brothers....


Looking cool on the boat...


Eating licorice under the BBQ....(?!)


Wrestling with Papa...


Touring the Aplets & Cotlets factory...


Cuddling with the cutie...


Riding jet skis...


Playing with cousins...


Tubing on the beautiful water...


And hanging out with our crazy, wonderful, lovely family.

1 comment:

  1. You guys didn't get a beautiful Seattle summer. Sad. People wait all year for that. Oh well. Like you said, you will have plenty to post about with all the upcoming holidays.

    ReplyDelete