Thursday, October 28, 2010

Bossy lately?

Ok, he used to be "independent" but this is getting a little ridiculous. JB has turned into a Terrible Two. And he's really not even two yet. Lucas didn't hit this stage until he was 3 and even then was pretty easy going. But Jonah is already adamant about his opinions and ways things must be done.


For example, a few weeks ago he discovered the race car cart at the grocery store, or at least I finally let him discover one. And he LOVES it more than words can say. Talk about heaven for this little boy. So he's greatly entertained while I shop, yet now I deal with him yelling at me every. single. time. I stop to look at something or slow down to peruse the shelfs "I drivin'! I drivin'! Go!" until I start moving again. It makes me laugh but after 30 minutes of getting yelled at I'm ready to be done.

Then let's talk about our walk to the car. He does not always want me to carry him any more, yet he will not hold my hand. Which I have to admit makes me sad. Lucas always held my hand, up until a few years ago. And even now he likes it when we're walking to put my arm around his shoulder just so. Perfect fit. But JB? No way. And I wouldn't mind that much if he just stayed with me but this kid wants to go literally the opposite direction of where ever I am going just because that's the way I am going. Comical for bystanders, yes, in a stupid sitcom kind of way, but frustating when your arms are loaded with junk and he's running out into traffic.

Then once we get into the car he wants his music on, Primary songs and Dragon Tales. "CD!!" And if a song comes on that he doesn't like, usually a slow song, he yells "CD! CD!" until I change the music. Same if we sing him songs. If it's one he doesn't like or is too slow or we stop too soon, we get yelled at "Song! Song!"

All day long I get yelled at. "Jump-a-bean!!" (trampoline) and "Thomas!!" (lo-o-ves Thomas the Train) and "Candy!!" (but only certain kinds) and "I side-out!!" (lemme outside). His theme lately is definitely loud and demanding.

Lucky for him I am a sucker for his open mouth kisses, his ready laugh, his love affair with books and toothbrushes, his running hugs when any of us come into the room, and less spitting out of food.



Plus he's pretty cute.

3 comments:

  1. AH, I too have a love hate relationship with those carts. They are beastly to push around. Ever taken out another customer? phew they can be a feat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, he's downright adorable, so how can you stay mad for long? This post made me laugh. I can almost hear him yelling at you all day. It IS funny to bystanders...sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, let's do a date at Fred Meyer. We can commiserate while Jonah "yells" and Lauren throws her typical fit when I try and put her in a cart. Not pretty. Sound fun?! :-) He sure is cute though.

    ReplyDelete