Monday, February 1, 2010

Random Lucas comments

On the morning of President's Day, Lucas came into our room and asked: Is Fred Meyer going to be open today?

Me: Yes, as far as I know.
Lucas: Oh. Well, I was watching the news and it said that a few of the markets would be closed today.
:)
----------
Later that day we decided to go to Greenlake and enjoy the rare sunshine we had. On the way Lucas says, "You know... the sun's out, it's beautiful...it kind feels like a Krispy Kreme day, don't you think...I'm just saying...you know." So subtle and unassuming. :)

I have to admit I agreed with him. On our way back we stopped by and he got a chocolate glazed with sprinkles and I got a pop. That's Chicago for "soda." (I love carbonation. I crave it. I don't have it every day but I would if studies didn't say it rots your teeth and eats rust off nails. If you believe market research studies:)

-------------
Last week we had some troubles with Lucas' Saturday chores. Basically he didn't want to do them and because of his oh-so-fun behavior he got put into his room for a time out. Well, because he was super upset for being in time out he decided to make another oh-so-smart move. I wasn't going to share it, but what the heck. He climbed out his window and was going to "take a walk." He got as far as the front yard and came right back to the front door and rang the door bell. He felt terrible and knew he was in trouble. We "talked" and since he had never done anything like this before, I wasn't sure what to do. (Aaron wasn't home.) He looked at me and said, "I think I will feel better if I am grounded from the Wii for a week." So we did. We never had to remind him and he never complained. Man, if discipline could always be this easy, teenager-hood would be a snap!

3 comments:

  1. wow he came back and rang the door bell. I bet you were surprised! Crazy how fast they grow up and become like little adults!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my kids would discipline themselves the way Lucas does. You've taught him well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, now I know what he did. When I was watching him and Jonah that Saturday, Will suggested they play Wii. Lucas said he was grounded for a week and wouldn't share with us what he'd done to get grounded. Just wanted you to know he was true to his word even when you were gone!

    ReplyDelete