Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"Hey Lucas! It's your birthday!"

Aaron called me yesterday right at 10:35am to remind me that we've been parents for exactly a decade. How could it be so long? How could our baby now be closer to leaving for a mission than the day he was born? I remember my mother saying on her 40th birthday that she doesn't feel that old, she doesn't feel any different than she did when she was 25. I didn't get it back then as a teenager, but boy I am living it now. Aren't only old people supposed to have 10 year olds? Life moves fast. Hopefully we grow with our children, maturing and learning right along with them. I'm just thankful for the years I have left with this sweet and creative boy who will still crawl into my lap to cuddle. (Don't tell him I told you. :)

Lucas is kind and thoughtful and amazingly creative, passionate (that's a nice way to put it right?) and sensitive. He cares about others and is aware of how they might feel. He's a thinker, always coming up with new ideas and new characters for a book. He loves "cow" (as in steak), basketball and his dad. Lucas is a fun big brother and makes us all smile everyday.

The first week we moved to Seattle. Lucas was one and a half.

Amanda and Geoff's wedding in his "spy suit."
First day of kindergarten.
Man-time Mariners game.
Family portrait.
Our power ranger.
<>Happy 10th birthday, son! We couldn't imagine life without you and your wonderful self. We love you, kiddo! Infinity plus 2!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Lucas! We have been honored to know you most of your 10 years. Wow, now I feel old. We hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Nattie. A little Williams boy at the beach. That is one of my very favorites. Love, Mom in Provo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Lukey. Grandpa and I love you so very much. Have fun celebrating your birthday this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures made me a little teary. I remember those days of "Star Horse" and lost chupes. Happy 10th, Lucas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Thanks for showing the pics of Lucas growing up. I can't believe he was so little when you guys moved here to Seattle. Happy Happy Birthday, Lucas! :-)

    ReplyDelete