Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Trick or Treat

We went down to Portland last weekend for the baby blessing of our sweet nephew Paxton and since we were there for Halloween, we all celebrated together. Star Wars was the theme of the evening and lots of people got into the act. I tried to get a Hans Solo and Princess Lea costume together for Aaron and I but I ran out of time and it didn't happen. But I think we represented well even without us. We had Anakin, Queen Amidala, two Jedis, Commander Cody, an Ewok, Princess Lea and Pax was Yoda. With an extra Monkey Princess thrown in by Katherine. Yes, a Monkey Princess. And she was adorable. We went to my sister's ward party and wow, EVERYONE was dressed up. Even all the adults. Very fun.



Lucas was a Jedi, of course and used most of the costume he had last year. We couldn't find the tunic I made anywhere so he ended up using his Tae Kwon Do uniform. I felt badly because it looked like a Tae Kwon Do uniform underneath a Jedi cloak but Lucas didn't mind at all. He's such a good sport.



I made Jonah's costume out of a lion costume I found at DI and spent all of $10. I think he made a cute Ewok, don't you?




His very first Trunk or Treat candy. He didn't actually eat it but he did take it out of the bucket himself.
On Friday I had put on Jonah's costume for the YW soup lunch and to pick Lucas up at school but ran a few errands before hand. Two people stopped me and asked about his costume, a high school girl and an older woman, and NEITHER of them knew what an Ewok was! Am I that old?! Who doesn't know what an Ewok is?!

Papa & Yoda.

Lots of candy and lots of chaotic fun. Until next year...

4 comments:

  1. Awwww, Jonah looks SO cute! I love Ewoks. Actually, they're the only character from Star Wars I really remember... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Halloween costumes! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in a panic that we have some part of a Star Wars costume that belongs to you! It is just a big piece of brown felt, but still made for a good costume for Drew this year! Anyway, it ended up at our house one day probably a couple of years ago. Maybe a year later I tried to give it back, but you didn't recognize it. I need you to look again to absolve me from any guilt I'm carrying around about having this in our dress-ups for so long with no owner to claim it! I miss you! We need to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the Star Wars theme. Ava was Luke Skywalker for Halloween so Alan was Han Solo and I was Princess Leia. And who doesn't know what an Ewok is?

    ReplyDelete