Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Just the 3 of us

The Sunday before Halloween Aaron was gone all day at meetings, visits and more meetings. So Lucas, Jonah and I had the day to ourselves and made the best of a day without Dad. We drew pictures, played games and cooked together. We then set out to carve our pumpkin. Super messy and I was missing Aaron who usually gets out all the pumking guts. But Lucas and I managed, and he carved most of it himself.




Jonah watched while he ate Cheerios and fruit. Always happy while eating. (Our high chair was given to us when Lucas was born from my cousin Jeannie who's oldest daughter is now on a mission. I'd say after 22 years the high chair has been put to good use.)




Later that afternoon we built a fort and settled down for reading time. Lucas is loving to read and enjoys our time when we cuddle each with our own book. Aaron reads to Lucas every night still but we love that he is enjoying it so much on his own as well. Lucas and I are always putting books on hold at the library so he get them faster than signing the waiting list for all the good books at his school library. Both Aaron and I love to read so it's fun to see his passion for it as well.



Such a flattering picture...



Fun way to spend the day with my boys.

2 comments:

  1. With all this rain, maybe Ava and I will build a reading tent today! What a cute idea...you are such a good mom!

    ReplyDelete