Thursday, August 15, 2013

Ch-ch-changes

What a difference a few months can make.   Lucas really enjoyed band last year and is going to continue it in the fall. He plays the trombone, the baritone and the marching baritone (which I've been told is different.) He'll go from Beginning Jazz Band to Advanced Jazz Band and work more in the marching band. HE says he loves how it sounds when all the instruments come together with their own parts.  And I have to admit, they weren't that bad!  For a junior high band, I was impressed.




I hadn't seen this picture for a few weeks. It was taken in June at this end-of-the-year band concert. Mid June say.



And here's my baby end of July.  Crazy, right?! He turned into a young man overnight.  He cut his hair and grew a few  inches.  He had finally caught up to me in the spring, taking great pride he was as tall as his mother.  Then he went to scout camp and yes, when he got home, he was a half an inch taller!  He is now officially taller than his mama.  I had to tell him most kids pass me around 13-14 years old. :)  But still!

 
I love this kid.  He's still a talker and loves to just sit and chat about life, what he's thinking about, the minutia of his current video game and girls he likes.  He's set goals for his future and is working toward them. Yet he's still into his Legos and builds stuff with Jonah all the time.  Makes pirate maps with his young cousins and sword fights with anyone who will.
 
 
I love that he can still be a kid.  Even when he his turning into a teenager on us.



1 comment:

  1. Ok...these pictures are C-RAZY! Please tell me kids don't really grow up that fast! I'm so glad you've got Jonah still putting flubber in his adorable floppy hair to make it seem like childhood will last a bit longer. Good idea, by the way. :O) Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete