Friday, April 12, 2013

Spring Break: Adult Version

Not that kind of adult version.

But a grandparents meet us at airport-they drive one way with the boys while we drive the other way for four days of sunny freedom-type of adult version.  That's exactly what we did Monday night after we flew into Phoenix.  My parents agreed to take the kids while we played in exotic Scottsdale.  I know that doesn't sound too exotic but we stayed at this wonderful resort with sleeping in, room service, adult-only pool, 3 restaurants inside the grounds and an amazing spa.  I didn't really care where we were!  And ok, I think it was an amazing spa because they sure charged enough.  Aaron told me to go to town on anything I wanted but I couldn't allow myself to pay for a $200 facial or $75 pedicure.  It's against all I hold to be true.  :)  So the spa was not visited by either of us.  But I'm sure it was heavenly because everything else was.

Instead we went to the Mesa Temple for a session.  We thought about all the people we love that got sealed here. Both mine and Aaron's grandparents, my parents, my sister and brother in law, plus a plethora of cousins, aunts and uncles.  It was a wonderful feeling of being eternally connected.


Afterward we ran over to see Aaron's Uncle Pete who lived 5 minutes from the temple.  His wife passed away last year and he moved to Mesa to be near family.  We had the sweetest visit with him and I loved hearing old stories of the Fish family and the wonderful examples of service they gave us.  We come from great stock!

 My generous mom lent us her convertible for the week and we l.o.v.e.d. every minute of it.  I couldn't help but take a picture. We had the top down any chance we could get.


Ok, Aaron will probably shoot me for putting this picture up but it's one of the only ones I have of one of us in the pool.  Aaron went swimming the first night about 11pm while I watched. Way too cold for me.  It has to be 100 degrees and I'm about to suffer heat stroke before I get into cold water.  It's a thing for me.  So Aaron, my white, hairless hottie, enjoyed a late night dip.

We actually exercised while on vacation!  I think that truly is a first for me.  Instead of going to the resort's gym INDOORS, we went outside in the sun.  Aaron ran while I walked. I had much better pictures of our view but they are no where to be found.  So imagine this, but way better. :)

Again, just driving in the perfect weather.

Here are my feet enjoying a relaxing afternoon at the pool.  Sipping pina coladas and reading my book.  Heaven!
 

Seriously, driving around was part of our vacation experience.  Sun on your face, wind in your hair, and a great song on the radio. 

One morning we went to the driving range. Neither of us play but we love hitting a few and seeing how far they go.  I think I only nailed one person behind the side wall of bushes.  I truly don't have any control. My motto is: Just hit it hard.

I had bought a Groupon for a sunrise hot air balloon ride but when I called the place was all booked up for the days we could go.  The nerve!  Other people actually go to Phoenix in March, when the weather is absolutely perfect?!  Oh well.  We still have the Groupon if anyone is going to be near Phoenix and wants a sunrise hot air balloon ride for two.

 Here's proof to Lucas that yes, I actually got into a suit and I did actually swim in the water.  I love our pale, Northwest, blinding skin.

Wednesday, the 27th, was our 14th wedding anniversary.  Can anyone imagine 14 years with Aaron?!  It's been wonderful and I love him dearly.  He's been perfect for me, my wonderful balance.

That night we went for a late dessert at the resort's restaurant Prado.  I ordered a Ducle de Leche bread pudding with vanilla cream while Aaron ordered the cheese plate.  Never in my wildest dreams would I order that!  Dessert is sugar, butter and chocolate.  But he loved it and it lasted for the next day's snack.

We also went down to take my grandmother out to lunch.  And we were surprised by my Uncle Andrew and cousin Kristine, as well!  They are the father and sister of the cousin, Celeste, who moved out here last year and whom Genet and I had a baby shower for.  We had a great time!  I'm sad I didn't get a picture of all of us. 

My grandmother was so proud of me for finally growing up and eating Mexican food.  (I was a super picky eater growing up.)  I told her I found the light around age 30 and haven't looked back. 

 It was such a perfect, romantic get away. Much too short :) but so relaxing and special.

Thank you to all the family who helped watch our kids while we played. We couldn't have done it with out you!  We'll have to do it again real soon. :)


3 comments:

  1. What a lovely and relaxing vacation that seems. We're glad that you have been one of our daughters for the last 14 years, Nati. We love you and appreciate you not only for giving us Lukey and Jonah, but being a wonderful complement to our Aaron. You two are truly a "dynamic duo."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks heavenly yay for you guys to have a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only way your vacation could get any better is if WE WERE THERE, TOO!!!!! I'm jealous!!!!!!I'm sensing a Ditwill: Scottsdale Edition in the future!

    ReplyDelete