Saturday, June 30, 2012

"Put a bird on it"

Apparently that is what Portlanders do. 

I never realized just how well I am fitting in down here.  Because on the front door post, my sweet Seattelite -turned-Phoenician friend, Ali, suggested a door knocker from Anthropologie which she has on her door and I fell in love with it.  That same day I ordered the little thing and up it went. 

Super cute.  It may too cute for some but I guess I'm into cute.  Aaron actually likes it too, so it can't be all that "cute."

The yellow really looks washed out.  It actually is much more vivid in real life, but I just could not get the balance right. 


I also found a rug from TJMaxx.  An extra large rug that I needed to balance out the large entryway.  I had almost bought a plain coir rug and painted something on it myself. When I say "painted" I mean stencil.  I don't do free hand stuff.  Not where my talent lies.


Anyway, I like the color and design, perfect for summer.  If summer ever really gets here.  I am getting a little agitated, to put it nicely, that we haven't had much sun yet. 


Anyway, front door is coming along.  I'm still looking for pots or something else to fill up/balance the space. 


But I have to find plants that can grow without any sun. Seriously, they wouldn't get any direct sunlight., I just haven't researched it at all since I am the opposite of a green thumb. Any suggestions?


4 comments:

  1. That is an ADORABLE door knocker! And that rug definetly makes me think of summer!That video made me laugh! Aunt Natalie, I hope you don't go over board! The door knocker is great, but you don't need to cover your house in it! :)
    ~Julia Williams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Portland: where young people go to retire and the 90s are still going strong.

    LOVE that door knocker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the door knocker! That video clip was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the door knocker which makes sense cause I love anthropologie!

    ReplyDelete