Wednesday, December 15, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...

Every year Aaron asks me how this song became a Christmas song?  Just mentioning sleigh rides and silver, white winters does not a Christmas song make.   Luckily I like it anyway no matter time of year it's sung.  And it inspired me to write out a few of our favorite things at the moment.  I hope to make this a series :) and do a post on each of us.  We'll see what happens.

Jonah Byron....
1. As mentioned in previous posts, the boy loves to go nakers.  If not completely down to his diaper, then it's shirtless day in and day out.  Hey, I do less laundry, it's easier to change diapers, & faster to get him into the "tatub" which he loves to bathe in everyday.  Win-win.

2. JB loves books, especially "Cars and Trucks and Things That Go."   It's read everyday and he's learning all the names of his favorite cars, like the Bananamobile, the Pickle Truck and the Broomcycle.  Plus he l.o.v.e.s. all things trains, fire engines & construction equipment.  What is it about boys and their vehicles?  My parents got him a battery powered riding Thomas the Tank engine for his birthday at the end of the month and this kid is going to have heart attack!  Can't wait to see his face. 
(Uncle Brant, you'll always be the endearing "woodchuck in a hurry" to us :)




3. Jonah loves to climb, get into things, explore and experiment.  For a while he loved to push a chair up to the counter, climb up to find the "brownies" for himself.  Aren't I a neglectful mother?... That I would allow our son to keep believing that those stale, cinnamon cookies were actual brownies?   And that he doesn't know the sweet nectar he is missing out on?  No worries, it has been recitfied since this picture was taken.  Oh, and I am better at keeping him off the counter now too.

4. This kid loves the outdoors and loves sticks, swords, lightsabors, spatulas and anything he can turn into a battle implement.  Again, it's a boy thing.  He loves to chase Lucas around and scream his head off until Lucas turns around to chase him back.   Then he squeals and runs to me for safety. Why do I always get to be base? 

5. JB loves his brother.  He follows Lucas around, does everything he does.  JB jumps on top of him to wrestle any chance he gets and turns to him when he's hurt.  Lucas is usually great with the kid unless he's getting into his Legos.

Jonah turns 2 years old on the 30th.  My baby.   I've loved the quiet cuddles and tenderness of the baby stage and I am ready for the independant craziness of toddlerhood.   It's all fun.

5 comments:

  1. Weird. I just had this song in my head. Love the pics and captions, I can't believe he'll be 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun! Loved this post. Love that boy! He is so funny! Yesterday, when I was picking my kids up from the YMCA he toddled up to us and said in his cute voice, "Where's my Daddy? Huh?" It made me giggle at how cute he is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woodchuck indeed...humph. We all know who the woodchuck REALLY is.

    It's clear that Sean and Jonah have a similar sense of fashion. I suppose it must come from the Williams side of the family. Although I don't remember coming to the dinner table without my shirt on... or doing pole vault drills. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute post! I love the picture with Jonah on the counter getting into the kitchen cupboard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Natalie,

    It has been forever since I checked any blogs. I was so happy to spend the last half hour catching up on you and your family here. It seems like it has been a long time since we got together in person. Let's try to get something going. Maybe this week sometime?

    P.S. I asked the exact same question of Andy about the Sound of Music song tonight. I love the song and movie anytime, but, right, not sure when it became a Christmas song/Musical.

    ReplyDelete