Friday, December 10, 2010

1 out 2 ain't bad

My Christmas goal this year was to make new stockings and a new advent calendar.  I finally finished up the last stocking  this afternoon and I am calling it quits for my Christmas projects for the year.  Is anyone surprised I didn't get around to the advent calendar?  I always have high expectations and I fall short every time.  But I am teaching myself to be glad with what I accomplish and not what I don't.   So, I am glad about our cute stockings.  Every year Aaron comments our current stockings are too small. :)   I made them almost 8 years ago when we were poor students out of $.25 felt pieces, painted wooden shapes and embroidery floss.  So I definitely made up for lack of size this time around. I also made them super simple. Plain white with green pom-poms. I ran to my local craft guru V. who has an amazing computerized machine that does lettering. And 30 minutes later we had our names. Cute, huh?


It's going to take a little more for Santa to fill these puppies.  I want to put in my order for See's chocolate now that a good size box would fit.  Nothing else. Just See's chocolate...

We'll see if he reads my blog.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Those are adorable! Seriously, really, really cute!
    You don't know how much you saved my day today! From how things started at the gym it was adding up to be a real doozie. So, thank you so much again for saving me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think making 4 stockings is pretty good. They turned out great! I wouldn't stress yourself out with the calendar. There's always next year, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so so cute! Wow...I'm super impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing AWESOME! These are so cute. People always ask if I made ours -- not a chance!

    ReplyDelete