Sunday, January 17, 2010

Jonah turns the Big O-N-E

Did he really go from this (our first pics of Embryo Jonah)...

To this... (Be kind. It was early Christmas morning and I was retaining oh-so-much "water". Apparently mostly in my cheeks :)...


To this... To this...


Has it really been a year? It feels like last week when I was minding my own business and suddenly my water broke (Just like it does in the movies. Whooosh. I didn't know it really can happen like that.) and I went into labor. He was surprisingly early but miraculously he seems no worse for the wear. He has been the blessing we had been praying for for 9 years. I remember when we first brought Jonah home, Aaron and I felt almost guilty and disloyal to Lucas as we cuddled and loved on this new baby. Yet this new member of the family fits right in with the 3 of us and has brought new joy and laughter at each new trick he learns and milestone he passes. We couldn't imagine life without him.



Jonah is our Dog Food Lover, Book Chewer, Screeching Screecher, Non Food Swallower, Open Mouth Kisser, Big Brother Chaser, Mommy Biter, Peace and Quiet Destructer and the joyful center of our little world.



Happy 1st birthday, little one!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, is he one already? I’m pretty sure Aaron doesn’t deserve a kid that cute. Maybe something more along the lines of a troll doll – or a malodorous opossum.

    I'm sure that Sean will be more than willing to help Jonah hone that destructive edge. We need to get them together and let them get some good practice at destroying the peace and quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could have been there. I can't believe he's a year old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie, your little one is so cute! And your post made me laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...I can't believe it's been a year already too! He is a super cute little boy and he's so blessed to have you and Aaron for parents! :-)

    ReplyDelete