Wednesday, June 25, 2014

My sweetie turned 40!



1. He's the perfect guy to have at parties.
2. He is super frugal when it comes to himself.
3. But also is the most generous person I know when it comes to other people.
4. His crazy perfectly compliments my crazy so he knows how to support and encourage me.
5. He has big hands that make mine disappear when he holds them.
6. He is usually the first one to apologize after an argument, no matter who's fault is is.
7. He's patient & supportive with all my crazy projects even when he doesn't see the vision.
8. He is righteous man who follows Christ and serves diligently in every calling he has ever had.
9. He is a gifted teacher and knows how to draw out a good discussion.
10. He can talk in almost every accent from around the world.


11. He is not one who waits for an invitation to serve. He sees a need & gets to work.
12. He can do "Magic String" with his face.
13.  He served a righteous mission in Buenos Aires. 
14. He takes the boys swimming every week even when I just sit on the sidelines. (Cold water phobia. It's a real thing.)
15. He has read to Lucas every night since he was a baby.  Still does.
16. He took over putting Jonah to bed so they could start reading together every night.
17. He has a cute crooked smile.
18. He came from a wonderful family who I love dearly.
19. He rocks at Trivial Pursuit and is a Scrabble king.


20. He is one fabulous kisser.
21. He is always telling me I'm gorgeous and makes me feel beautiful, no matter what condition I'm in.
22. He plays board games with our family even though he doesn't like them all that much.
23. He has some pretty awesome dance moves.
24. He irons.
25. He has a mind for movie quotes and he's passed on that talent to both our two boys.
26. He picked my mother up and twirled her over his shoulder the first weekend he met her, thus adding a whole new dynamic to our family.
27. He was my rock throughout all our years of infertility treatments.
28. He likes to flirt with older ladies.
29. He's a mama's boy and still calls to talk to her regularly.


30. He works tirelessly to support our family, even at times when he has hated his job.
31. He's a talker of feelings and all things relationship.
32. He's always there to do the heavy lifting in my home projects.
33. He is the mighty wrestler of our boys.
34. He leads our family in scripture study, FHE, prayers & service.
35. He takes me to the temple on our dates and works hard to live his covenants
36. He is aware of his weaknesses and faults and makes goals to help overcome them.
37. He makes some mean scrambled eggs.


38. He is my greatest supporter and cheerleader, always encouraging me. My best friend.
39. He has unwavering testimony of our Savior, Jesus Christ, His gospel and His church.
40. He is wonderful father who is teaching our boys how to work hard, to serve the Lord and how to be men.


 Love this old man of mine.

1 comment:

  1. The BIG 4-0. I can hardly believe it. We'll be right there with you in, well, a while. Love you, Aaron!

    ReplyDelete