Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Poultry Slam 2012

Disclaimer: All original pictures are crystal clear but the copies I received were very small so when I enlarged them, we lost focus and pictures are blurry. Sorry.

This year we ran off to Prescott for Thanksgiving and a relaxing time away.  I think this was one of the first times I have ever asked my mom what The Plan was for the week she said, "I haven't planned a thing."  What?!  A Jackson vacation with no plans?! 

So, we slept late (those of us with sleeping-in children or hose of us who just let our children run wild until we decided to get up.), we went walking every morning, we played at the park, went fishing at the pond, read in my parents ultra-comfy couches, played games, and ate In & Out.  All at our own leisure. 

Lovely.

Mark and the boys hiked Little Granite mountain and took pictures of the ranch.  My padres' home is the grey-roofed one in the very middle, right below the ginormous castle. Seriously folks, it's a castle.  Isn't it just a beautifu; area?  High dessert of Arizona,.

One of my favorite parts was, of course, the sun. Every day.  Absolutely beautiful.

Gorgeous.

We played at the tee pees.

And the tree houses.

Played ball on the fields.

Had plenty of Papa Time.

Monday night was family home evening by the fire in the backyard. The stars out here are incredible and we had a wonderful lesson on the light of testimony and personal revelation.

Cute boy. (wish it wasn't blurry.)

These girls sure L.O.V.E. their Papa.


Thanksgiving was all it's supposed to be.

Including a children's table.

One little person trying to eat the drumstick.

A yummy baby whom I wanted to nibble her cheeks. But she wouldn't let me near her.  She knew I wwanted to take a bite!

A wonderful and tireless cook who made a meal never to be forgotten.

Yes, Aaron. Never to be forgotten.

Afterwards, relaxation was had by all. Through pool...

An intense game of Boggle... (Where Aaron was not invited to play.  It would have made it all meaningless.  He would have gotten 100 words to my 10.  Every time. See, no fun.)

And a little dancing on a boulder.

We took family pictures and I can't wait to see how they turned out.

 
Lovely mother and daughter. (my baby sister) They found out some AMAZING news that day.  Call and ask her.  You won't be disappointed!

Last but not least, my honey.  My crazy honey. Whom I adore.

Now it's back home to decking our halls, planning the ward Christmas party, tons of online shopping (what's a store any more?) and waiting anxiously for a Williams Christmas in Portland!

No comments:

Post a Comment