Monday, August 6, 2012

Aaaat last, my love has come along

(This is my second attempt at this post.  More than a month ago Blogger wouldn't publish my finished and PERFECT post and then our resident preteen closed the page so he could play some game and I lost all my precious work. It's taken me while to get back to try again.)

Anyway....

I know a lot of the country has been melting in extreme heat and power outages for weeks, so I really have nothing to complain about It's just I had been counting the days until summer for months now and I'd been ready for some sun.   All of June we were teased with intermittent days of sunny weather followed by cold and rainy yet again. On the freakin' 4th of July and I went to our ward picnic in long pants and a sweater.  This week we've caught up by having some 95 degree days and with our air conditioner not cooperating, my need for heat is finally being satisfied.

In June we had the cousins come stay with us while my sister and her husband went on their stake's Trek.  We took advantage of a sunny day and drove the 4 minutes down to a local strawberry patch to pick some yumminess.

Bennett was a good scout and filled his little basket quickly.

Lucas tried to teach Jonah the finer points of berry picking...

...but he only had eyes for playing in the outhouse.  Seriously.

Sarah had a penchant for anything moldy or had to do with a bug.
Sorry, Genet, for letting her out with such crazy hair.  I'm not good at "girl hair." :)

And Paxton just ate whatever he got his hands on and then blew dandelions the rest of the time.

Lucas couldn't help but mug for the camera.  (Takes after his mom at that age.)

This kid needs a haircut :)






But afterward he went to town and picked his weight in strawberries.

Jackson, my trooper, was the best and most focused.  He picked only the best and was thorough and diligent.

I guess I have to appreciate all the Northwest rain because we get the best berries and my freezer full of homemade jam and whole blueberries attest to that fact.

Next week my Arizona sister comes into town and we're going to do late raspberries and wild blackberries.  Love it!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that berry picking trip looked like a doozy. I wish I had your freezer-full of berries (but I'm too lazy).

    ReplyDelete