Wednesday, May 30, 2012

15 - Love

Yesterday was a perfect day for a game of tennis.  And just our luck, Lucas had his very first tennis tournament!   He has been taking after school classes through the school and I love that he has found a new sport.



I was so proud of him.  His first two matches were against 8th graders who were literally as tall as Aaron.  He looked so little out there, but he held his own. 



His serves were great.  They had to give an overhand serve first and if it didn't go in, they could go underhand.  He got his overhand serves in 3/4 of the time!


My favorite pic, of course


He was very tentative in his returns and didn't have any follow through so we have something to work on this summer.  


The day was beautiful and the weather could not have been nicer. 



Just other Lucas tidbits...

Last week he came home from school and the first thing he said to me was, "Mom, I am so glad you are home when I get home.  I usually need to talk and I'm happy you're here."  And then he preceded to tell me about his day.  The good, bad and the ugly.

Ok, if that is not a endorsement for my job, I don't know what is.  I am so glad I am able to be here, for Aaron who supports me in my role and our two boys who are such amazing blessings. 

Last week Lucas really needed someone to talk to because he had quite the day at middle school.  There has been this girl, Sarah.  And she is not shy about her love for Lucas.  She is constantly sending her friends over to talk to him and secreting candy into his pocket.  Well, in science they had a project where they created their own species of plant and made up facts about their discovery.  They then presented their project on front of the class. 

On this particular day, Sarah presented her "Lukey-Bookey" flower in front of the class.  (I don't remember what the name really was but it literally was Lukey-Something that Rhymes with Lukey)  and then she proceeds to say it was discovered by Lucas and Sarah Williams.  Apparently the enitre class was on-the-floor laughing, even the teacher.  Lucas was a great sport and laughed right along with everyone, even though his face got bright red. 

He said he was not going back to school the next day, but I told him he just better get used it.  He's a Williams Man and they have to deal with those kinds of problems all their lives.  :)

I'm looking forward to having this kid full time again.  School doesn't end until June 14th.  He's challenged me to a game of tennis, so that gives me 2 weeks to get my game on. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

  1. Great tennis pictures! And what a funny story about a Lukey plant. At least he was a good sport about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! Tennis is a fun sport, I hope he keeps it up. And I can't believe that girl did that in front of the entire class! She's gonna have a laugh in a few years...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh poor Lucas!!! The girl could have come up with a plant name that was a LITTLE more original! Well, at least now Lucas knows that he is VERY handsome, just like his daddy:)Lukey Booky... I still can't get over that. Gosh I have no idea how she thinks Lucas will like her more if she embarrasses him! I think it's great that he is playing tennis too. He looks like he has been practicing really hard! Tell him I miss him.

    Julia W

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, he is a handsome dude. It's definitely genetic. :) He is so blessed that you are his mother. I'm glad that you are there for him.

    ReplyDelete