Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Taste of Seattle

Last weekend we had the best visit!  Our dear friends and neighbors came down to play!   Jeff, the husband, was running in the Portland Marathon and they gave us Saturday to have fun.

Kyle has been one of Lucas' best friends since 2nd grade.   They lived down the street from us in the Westminster Triangle so we they had playdates galore, plus had soccer and basketball together every year.  Dylan, the younger brother, rounded them out to a trio who played together super well.
Through their friendship we got to know the parents, Natalie and Jeff.  Talk about amazing people and we became great friends.  Aaron and Jeff coached the boys basketball team for a few years and Natalie and I were going to be co-presidents in PTA this year.  The two Natalie's.  And she didn't even get mad when I left her in the lurch and moved away.  They were the ones we called when I went into labor 5 weeks early and needed someone to watch Lucas over night.  It made is super easy since Lucas was already playing over there like most days. 
 
Saturday we decided to run on over to a pumpkin patch that is nicely located 5 minutes from our house.  The day could not have been more gorgeous.  I actually got warm and took off my coat!  That is saying something.  I kept saying saying this was the driest and hottest visit to a pumpkin patch I have had in all my years of taking kids.   Genet and Mark came with their kids so it was one big party.

I can't believe I didn't get a good picture of Jeff and Natalie together.  Here's the side of her face as she lifted Jonah to pet the pony.

Jonah could not have been more proud of himself riding that pony.
They had a huge jumping-pillow-thingy that of course the boys loved.

Sweet face.

Even when he kept wanting me to take a picture of his granola bar.  Post chew.

JB and I rode a plastic barrel train around the whole farm.  It's amazing what they come up with to entertain kids.  And me I must admit.  I loved going around with the little man.
We almost had a "Mice & Men" moment as Jonah loved the chicken a little too much.  But Natalie saved the day and the little chick's life.

We finished the day with swimming at their hotel, dinner at the mall food court since all the places around us were an hour wait and a ride on a super speedy carousel that Jonah absolutely loved this time. :)

Thanks for coming!

3 comments:

  1. Let me know how the board and batten project works out. I've been trying to talk Scott into helping me do that to our upstairs hallway and master bedroom. Now that the bathroom is done, I think he has a little more confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fun! I love those super slides!

    ReplyDelete