Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Best Weekends of the Year

For almost 10 years we have traveled for General Conference weekend.  We don't subscribe to cable or satellite, so nine times out of ten we use that excuse to scoot on down to Portland to spend time with my sis and her family and Aaron's brother and his family. Quite the tradition. This year my padres came down from Spokane and we actually hosted.  Aaron hooked up the computer to the TV (we still don't get cable) and brought in the Green Monster from the playroom so we had seats for almost everyone.  So fabulous to be together.

I'd like to say the kids sat quietly in their seats like this, in rapt attention, the entire time....

But, that was not to be...



I love this one of Paxton and Cotton just checking each other out.  Each waiting for the other one to make a move.

 Lucas lounging on our favorite green couch we bought about 7-8 years ago.  It's been hibernation these past few years since it nearly took over our little family room in the other house.  It's ginormous and super comfy and now perfect for the playroom.  


 Nana, the perfect playmate.  She'll run, chase, hide, seek and tickle.

 And most importantly cuddle.
I am always so filled listening to our Prophet and the other leaders of the church.   I feel encouraged, strengthened, challenged and supported.  Surrounded by those I love and admire, listening to truth, I love these weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment