Monday, September 26, 2011

Missing Pat

Where is Pat when you need her?  This very dear friend always saved us our seat on "our pew" every Sunday. No matter what time I got there (some days earlier than others :), I knew I had my seat with Pat.  My place.  It was a place cultivated for 10 beloved years. (Yes, I used the word beloved. I'm feeling nostalgic, ok?)  Here we have to get to church at least 15 minutes early in order to get a soft pew.  Yesterday was the first Sunday we snagged one and the whole time I kept wondering who we had displaced from "their seat."  It's a huge ward with fewer soft benches and everyone gets there early to save seats for meetings that always seem to begin one minute before the hour.  What's up with that??


During the week I keep myself busy with my home projects, creating play-doh pancakes with Jonah, helping Lucas with homework, running around town with Aaron and filling my friend-time with my sweet sis.  But Sundays are different.  I truly get homesick.  I won't admit that I may or may not have spent Relief Society in the car crying yesterday, but I will say I miss our ward family, where everything was comfortable, filled with dear friends and I had my place saved for me each week. 

Parts of starting over really stink.

4 comments:

  1. That's funny about finding a bench. I thought the same thing yesterday when I plopped down in a random seat. But then I thought, hey, we don't pay for these a la Catholic church, so tough cookies :P But then some people with a screaming baby sat by me so there you go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have the crying in the car moments. We miss you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been moved for almost a year and I still have moments on the way home from church I cry cause I miss Shoreline ward. I hope it gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, that all sounds way too familiar!! Sundays are hard for me too...Last week was our first Sunday in our new ward and I almost cried three times because it just wasn't the same. At all. Anyway, I miss you and everyone else in the Shoreline ward too! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete