Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Let the games begin...

They are off to a slow but positive start.  I oscillate between being giddy and completely overwhelmed by all I want to do in the house. It doesn't help that I have decorating ADD and I tend jump from one project to another not really finishing anything to the finished product.  My hand cramps from painting so I go to building a mirror frame until I run out of supplies to cleaning out the playroom boxes, so on and so forth.  I just leave a path of started projects in my wake without anything to say for it.  But now I can proudly say I finally finished my first major project!  Okay, the whole room really isn't done at all but the first stage is officially complete. :)  I finished painting the living room!  And I love it.  Below is the MLS listing picture of our living room...

 Here's my picture to help pick out the right color....

And here's the final product.


I painted all the trim a brighter white, changed the mantle to match the trim and the walls are Repose Grey by Sherwin Williams.  And let me tell you, it c.o.m.p.l.e.t.e.l.y. changes the room. The entire house is in browns, reds and more browns with a cream, yellow trim.  But I love the crisp grey and brighter white.  It lightens the room more than I can tell you!  I think I am going to take this grey all throughout the entry way I like it that much.  And I better like it because I won't be painting again for another decade or two.  Or three.

No, my pictures aren't great. I try to play with the lighting and exposure in my camera but since I really have no idea what I am doing, it doesn't seem to help.  (I WILL take a class and learn how to take incredible pictures. Oh I will.)
We going to put our dark, leather couches in here and a new sectional we ordered in the family room. Hopefully it will all come together soon.   I'm trying to get as much painting done as I can before I start putting stuff on walls.

The dining room is in mid-makeover right now but I am of course oscillating on the color.   I'm covering up brick red so it's difficult to rate it next to the red.  It changes the whole perspective.  I guess I'll just finish it on up and see what I think.

Until then, I am basking in having #1 out of 106 projects crossed off my list.

6 comments:

  1. wow!! I love how the white mantle brings out the bricks inside so much more! love love the grey - oh, it looks so clean and new! love it! keep the pictures coming - they motivate me:)
    p.s. I'm finally using up the rest of the burlap from those wreaths we did how long ago? I'm excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! Isn't moving great and awful all at the same time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. L.O.V.E. it! The white really looks great on the fireplace and I'm in love with those windows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bricks look awesome against the white, good choice. Very chic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks AMAZING. You are right--it totally brightens the whole room. Well done, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. um your house looks absolutely beautiful!! I love all the windows. Sure miss all of you :)

    ReplyDelete