Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy Easter!

Ok. I forgot to take pictures on actual Easter. I had even bought matching outfits for the boys and I still forgot. I've never bought anything special for Easter before but then I thought  to myself if these kids were girls, they would be having Easter dresses galore with hats, purses and matching gloves! Okay, maybe not that crazy, but they would have matching something. So this year I bought matching shirts and pants. Lucas was just barely in the size range of actually having matching sibling clothes. Next year I will have much more difficulty finding clothes that coordinate with a toddler.   He'll be disappointed, I know.


For the very first time in his life I took Lucas to a professional to get his haircut.  Oh-so-many years ago when we were engaged, a friend taught me how to cut Aaron's hair and so I have always been the barber in our household.  Everyone comes out looking like Aaron but so far that hasn't been a problem.  At least I don't think so.  But then Jonah came along and I am lost and his hair is out of control. 

So I thought I'd take both boys someplace to get tips and tricks to cut their hair better.  The first thing Lucas said after the cut was, "Wow.  It's never been so straight before."   I guess he's right.  I never professed to know what I was doing!   But now that I look at his new haircut I realized that I tend to cut it a little "shaggier" in the front because...well...I think his straight haircut...is not my favorite...as Grandpa J would say.  Sorry, Lucas.  I know you like it and won't let me "fix" it my way now. You have difficult hair to cut, super thick and a huge cowlick that makes your hair go straight down in front.  I thought I could get a new idea of how to cut it but...nope.  I've been doing the best job so far.  I'll let you keep the "straight" look until the next cut but since I'm holding the scissors, I get to choose the style.  :) 

{Unless you ask me nicely and then really I'll do almost anything you want.}

1 comment: