Monday, April 18, 2011

It's the little things...

Last Friday morning I opened my eyes at 8am. I heard the last bits of family prayer being said in the living room and then rounds of kisses. "Love you Lucas. Have a great day." "Love you too, Dad." "BYE LUCAS! BYE!! Bnamshm...sijdand...SCHOOL!" Exclaimed by Jonah.

My back had been giving me issues a few days last week and so I hadn't been sleeping well. My sweet husband had let me sleep in while he took care of the morning routine and got Lucas off to school. (Love the working from home thing!) I woke up feeling so blessed and loving my little family. It's a great way to wake up.

That morning Jonah and I took off to run errands and then stopped at the playground to get some energy out. The rain has been daily and plentiful this spring so with a morning cold but somewhat dry, I wanted to take advantage. Jonah is an explororer. He climbs the playground for a while, loves the slides, quickly tires of the swings. Then he's done, he must explore. He leaves the playground for the adventure of the trees armed with stick-weapons and possibilities of danger. We chased "back hoes" or black crows from the field and raced each other to the mud puddles. He never met a mud puddle he didn't like and didn't think needed to be stomped in. He kept squirming into the low branches of the pine trees and whispering "Thank you. Thank you." (?!? I would love to know what was going on inside his head.) He's at home outside and loves to get out there any chance he can get. From "makin' castles" which is literally filling up a bucket with dirt, dumping it out and starting over or whacking trees with sticks (this one keeps him entertained forever.) This kid truly loves life and is thrilled by every little thing. He in turn reminds me to find joy in the little things. Like waking up to my boys saying how much they love each other and playing in the park with sticks. It was a wonderful morning.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! Glad you got to sleep in and had a nice morning with Jonah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this post makes me to cry. so sweet that those boys get along so well. its so amazing how kids can teach you so many things. like how to enjoy the little things in life! i love it.

    jonah is such a cutie. we sure get a kick out of him.

    p.s. thanks again for your help with the canvas. i absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete