Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Speaking of Lucas...

Our son, the musician, :) had his very first band concert last Wednesday and it was momentous.  The audience was filled with the beaming, proud parents of a bunch of 5th graders who have been learning an instrument for 3 months.   The kids were thrilled at being the center of attention and to be able to show off their hard work.  And I was such a Mom, asking Lucas to move the music stand so I could see better and stage whispering for him to look at me so I could get a better picture.  The sweet boy took me in stride.

I know.  Most parents would say this about their child, but I have to admit Lucas is pretty good at the trombone.  He and two other of his trombone brothers kept rhythmn and hit their notes strong and clear. 

Video cameras were plentiful as were the endearing mistakes.

 

Until the spring concert...

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! He really did do a great job. Oh, how I love middle school band concerts...brings back some fun teaching memories for me! :-)

    ReplyDelete